The Northeast Sights

Berwick-upon-Tweed Barracks and Main Guard

  • Parade Map It
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed

Published 08/30/2016

Fodor's Review

Built between 1717 and 1721, these barracks are made of three wings surrounding a square, with the decorated gatehouse forming the fourth side. An exhibition called By Beat of Drum depicts the life of the common soldier from the 1660s to the 1880s. Other displays highlight the history of the town and of the local regiment, the King's Own Scottish Borderers.

Sight Information

Address:

Parade, off Church St., Berwick-upon-Tweed, TD15 1DF, England

Map It

Phone:

01289-304493

Sight Details:

  • £4.40

Published 08/30/2016

Advertisement

Book A Trip
  • HOTELS

  • FLIGHTS

  • PACKAGES

  • CARS

Map View

What's Nearby

No Thanks