Sights & Attractions in The Northeast
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Choice Sights in The Northeast
Sometimes called the "Windsor of the North," the imposing Alnwich...
|Castles / Palaces||Alnwick|
A marvelous flight of fancy, Alnwick Garden was designed by Capability...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Alnwick|
You'll see Bamburgh Castle long before you reach it: a solid...
|Castles / Palaces||Bamburgh|
This vast French-inspired château a mile west of the town center...
|Museums / Galleries||Barnard Castle|
The turrets and towers of Tudor-style Cragside, a Victorian country...
|Houses / Mansions||Morpeth|
A Norman masterpiece in the heart of the city, the cathedral...
Great North Museum
An amalgam of several collections belonging to Newcastle University...
|Museums / Galleries||Newcastle upon Tyne|
Dedicated to the Roman god Terminus, the massive span of Hadrian's...
|Military Sites, Architectural Sites||Hadrian's Wall|
Head of Steam
A family-friendly museum in nearby Darlington tells the story...
|Museums / Galleries||Bishop Auckland|
Housesteads Roman Fort
If you have time to visit only one Hadrian's Wall site, Housesteads...
|Museums / Galleries, Military Sites||Greenhead|
The stone battlements and turrets of moated Raby Castle, once...
|Castles / Palaces||Bishop Auckland|
Browse All The Northeast Sights
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's