Berwick-upon-Tweed Barracks and Main Guard
Berwick-upon-Tweed Barracks and Main Guard Review
Built between 1717 and 1721, these barracks are made of three wings surrounding a square, with the decorated gatehouse forming the fourth side. An exhibition called By Beat of Drum depicts the life of the common soldier from the 1660s to the 1880s. Other displays highlight the history of the town and of the local regiment, the King's Own Scottish Borderers.
View deals in The Northeast for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More