- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Bowes Museum Review
This vast French-inspired château a mile west of the town center was built between 1862 and 1875. Highlights include paintings by Canaletto, El Greco, Francisco Goya, and François Boucher, in addition to beautiful collections of ceramics and glass, 18th-century French furniture, and 19th- and 20th-century fashion. Don't miss the amazing 18th-century mechanical swan, which catches and swallows a silver fish every day at 2. The café serves light meals and afternoon tea.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
Need lots of help deciding on tour. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more