- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Jesmond Dene House
At a Glance
- beautiful light-filled rooms
- lovely gardens
- free Wi-Fi
- the restaurant is popular, so you need to book in advance
Check Rates from our Partners
Jesmond Dene House Review
Occupying a sprawling 19th-century mansion in the northeastern part of the city, this hotel is surrounded by lush gardens and filled with polished oak floors, huge windows, and wandering staircases. You can read the paper by the inglenook fireplace in the lounge or curl up on a firm bed in one of the spacious, modern guest rooms. The elegant restaurant has become a local favorite for its use of regional meat and produce.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
I'm looking at using Hotwire for a possible upcoming trip which will include both London and Barcelona.
I've been to London several times and spent a semester there in 1999, but have never used Hotwire Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more