- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Old Gaol Review
Dating from 1330, Hexham's Old Gaol houses fascinating exhibits about border history. Photographs, models, a house interior, and weapons tell the story of the "Middle March," the medieval administrative area governed by a warden and centered around Hexham. A glass elevator takes you to four floors, including the dungeon.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- London and Paris Experience IExplore
- $1799 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- London Experience — $2,857 IExplore
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
I am thinking of going on a tour across Britain and Ireland next year.
I've done lots of research, but I'm not sure which tour company to use....since I have read negative and positive reviews for each Read more
· News & Features
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City. ... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more