- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Surrounded by idyllic pastures and tiny lanes, the hilly medieval market town of Morpeth is the closest thing this part of Northumberland comes to bustling. It’s an ideal stop while visiting some of the region’s more hidden-away sights to the north of Newcastle.
Morpeth at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Northeast
- Barnard Castle
- Bishop Auckland
- Dunstanburgh Castle
- Farne Islands
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's