- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In and around tiny Greenhead you'll find a wealth of historical sites related to Hadrian's Wall, including the fascinating Housesteads Roman Fort, the Roman Army Museum, and Vindolanda. In Northumberland National Park, about half a mile north of Vindolanda, the Once Brewed National Park Visitor Centre has informative displays about Hadrian's Wall and can advise about local walks.
Greenhead at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Northeast
- Barnard Castle
- Bishop Auckland
- Dunstanburgh Castle
- Farne Islands
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's