- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Lake District National Park head office (and main visitor center) is at Brockhole, north of Windermere. It's closed November through mid-February. Helpful regional national-park information centers sell books and maps, book accommodations, and provide walking advice.
Bowness Bay Information Centre (Glebe Rd., Bowness-on-Windermere, LA23 3HJ. 015394/42895.)
Keswick Information Centre (Moot Hall, Main St., Keswick, CA12 5JR. 017687/72645.)
Lake District Visitor Centre (Brockhole, Ambleside Rd., Windermere, LA23 1LJ. 015394/46601. www.brockhole.co.uk.)
Ullswater Information Centre (Beckside Car Park, off Greenside Rd., Glenridding, CA11 0PD. 017684/82414. www.lakedistrict.gov.uk.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's