Sights & Attractions in The Lake District
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Things to Do in Penrith
Home of the Hasell family since 1679, Dalemain began with a 12th-century...
|Houses / Mansions||Penrith|
The evocative remains of this 15th-century redbrick castle stand...
|Castles / Palaces||Penrith|
In a 16th-century building that served as a school from 1670...
|Museums / Galleries||Penrith|
Named for the Celtic kingdom of Cumbria, Rheged is the theme...
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises