Sights & Attractions in The Lake District
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sights & Attractions The Lake District
|A-B C-G H-K L-Q R-S T-Z « Prev |  Next »|
Founded in 1190, the huge Cartmel Priory survived the dissolution...
Castlegate House Gallery
One of the region's best galleries, Castlegate displays and sells...
|Museums / Galleries||Cockermouth|
Castlerigg Stone Circle
A Neolithic monument about 100 feet in diameter, this stone circle...
|Memorials / Monuments||Keswick|
The lake came to prominence in the 1930s when Arthur Ransome...
|Bodies of Water||Coniston|
Cumberland Pencil Museum
Legend has it that shepherds found graphite on Seathwaite Fell...
|Museums / Galleries||Keswick|
Home of the Hasell family since 1679, Dalemain began with a 12th-century...
|Houses / Mansions||Penrith|
To understand why Derwentwater is considered one of England's...
|Bodies of Water||Keswick|
One famous beauty spot linked with Wordsworth is Dora's Field...
Dove Cottage and Wordsworth Museum
William Wordsworth lived in Dove Cottage from 1799 to 1808, a...
|Museums / Galleries, Houses / Mansions||Grasmere|
|« Prev |  Next »|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's