- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Set back from the town's main street, this smart Italian eatery has an authentic wood-fired oven. There's a good choice of Italian dishes such as gnocchi and salmon with a Parmesan, pesto, and breadcrumb topping, but it's the crispy pizzas that are the real stars. Head for the outdoor seating in summer. The early evening menu is good value.
- Address: Jester Court, Birch St., Grasmere, LA23 1DS
- Phone: 015394/44854
- Location: Windermere and Bowness-on-Windermere
- Closed Mon. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Happened to log on and noticed a couple of people asking how we got on in London! Read more
Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team Read more
After 19 visits to London, all but two on our own, we're planning #20. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more