- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Queen's Head Hotel
Queen's Head Hotel Review
An unpretentious 17th-century inn in the pretty little village of Troutbeck, the Queen's Head serves innovative pub food all through the day. Dishes may include free-range duck with cashews and watermelon or fish-and-chips made with a vodka batter. It's also noted for real ales served from what was once an Elizabethan four-poster bed. The intimate dining rooms have oak beams, flagged floors, and log fires. Lunches can be less hearty than the excellent evening meals. If you want to stay overnight, the 15 guest rooms have splendid views.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
An early morning departure from Terminal 2, four people with luggage and rental car to be returned either that morning or late afternoon before. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more