- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Derwent Water Marina. Rental boats in all shapes and sizes and instruction in canoeing, sailing, and windsurfing can be had at Derwent Water Marina. Other water-related activities include ghyll scrambling—the fine art of walking up a steep Lakeland stream. A two-day sailing or windsurfing course costs £185. Portinscale, Keswick, CA12 5RF. 017687/72912. www.derwentwatermarina.co.uk.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Water Sports
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises