When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
The Shakespeare sights get very crowded on weekends and school vacations; Warwick Castle usually brims with visitors, so arrive early in the day. Throughout the region, some country properties fill up quickly on weekends. Most rural sights have limited opening hours in winter, and the majority of attractions close at 5. Some stately homes have limited hours even in summer, which is when the countryside is at its most appealing. The open-air performances at Ludlow Castle take place at the end of June; the Autumn in Malvern Festival happens on weekends in October.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's