- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Stratford-upon-Avon is northwest of London in the midland county of Warwickshire, known as Shakespeare Country. Tiny villages surround it; to the north are two magnificent castles, Warwick and Kenilworth. A little farther northwest is the region's main city, Birmingham. To the southwest, along the Malvern Hills, lie the peaceful spa town of Great Malvern and the prosperous agricultural city of Hereford. The western part of the region, bordering Wales, is hugged by the River Severn. The small city of Shrewsbury is here, close to Ironbridge with its
industrial-heritage museums. To its south lies Ludlow, an architectural and culinary hot spot; at the northwestern edge of the region is the ancient city of Chester.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's