- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Much Wenlock, a town on A458, is full of half-timber buildings, including a 16th-century guildhall. Nearby are popular places to walk; ask the tourist office for information. The town has held the Wenlock Olympian Games most years since 1850, when Dr. William Penny Brookes founded the Wenlock Olympian Society. The games were an inspiration for the modern Olympic Games; the town museum has some information.
Much Wenlock at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Stratford-upon-Avon and the Heart of England
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's