Built in 1740 and at one time the village's library, this small guesthouse sits on the hillside near the Ironbridge museums and just a few steps from the bridge. The house has been beautifully restored, with plenty of original and Victorian features brought to the fore (in a nice nod to its former life, its old library shelves still line the guest room walls). There are a few more-modern luxuries too, such as a DVD library. Rooms are furnished with elegance, and service is warm without being obtrusive. Breakfasts are outstanding—they have even won a regional "healthy eating" award.