- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Eat Balti in Brum
Birmingham is home to the balti, a popular cuisine created in the mid-1970s by the Pakistani community. The food is cooked and brought to the table in a woklike dish and eaten with naan bread, not rice. Curry and other spices season the meat and vegetables. There are more than 30 restaurants in the "Balti Triangle" of the Moseley and Sparkbrook districts. Here’s one that is highly rated:
Al Frash (186 Ladypool Rd., Sparkhill, Birmingham, B12 8JF. 0121/753–3120. www.alfrash.com.)
Buses 6, 12, 13, and 37 go to this area a few miles south of the center.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's