- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Making the Most of Your Time
Don't attempt the South Bank all in one go. Not only will you exhaust yourself, but you will miss out on the varied delights that it has to offer.
The Tate Modern alone deserves a whole morning or afternoon, especially if you want to do justice to both the temporary exhibitions and the permanent collection.
The Globe requires about two hours for the exhibition theater tour and two to three hours for a performance. Finish with drinks at the Oxo Tower with its spectacular view or dinner at one of the many restaurants in the Southbank Centre.
You can return across the river to central London via Southwark on the Jubilee line from Tate Modern, although it's a good 15-minute walk from the station.
Crossing the elegant Millennium Bridge for St. Paul's on the Central line or the Golden Jubilee Bridges to Embankment offer longer but more-scenic alternatives.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe