- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The City area is well served by a concentrated selection of Underground stops in London. St. Paul's and Bank are on the Central line, and Mansion House, Cannon Street, and Monument are on the District and Circle lines. Liverpool Street and Aldgate border The City's eastern edge, whereas Chancery Lane and Farringdon lie to the west. Barbican and Moorgate provide easy access to the theaters and galleries of the Barbican, and Blackfriars, to the south, leads to Ludgate Circus and Fleet Street. Note that some places that appear far apart on an Underground map are, in reality, a few hundred yards away aboveground, and make sure you check for London Underground closures before you travel, especially as some stations in The City are closed on Sunday. An enormous number of buses in the center of town pass through either Bank or St. Paul's, including numbers 4, 8, 11, 15, 17, 21, 23, 25, 26, 43, 56, 76, 100, 133, 141, 172, 242, 388, and 521.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's