- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Making the Most of Your Time
Reserve at least a day to experience St. James's and Mayfair. Leave enough time for shopping and also to wander casually through the streets and squares.
The only areas to avoid are the Tube stations at rush hour, and Oxford Street if you don't like crowds.
At all costs, stay away from Oxford Circus around 5 pm, when the commuter rush can, at times, resemble an East African wildebeest migration—but without the charm.
The area becomes as quiet as a tomb at night—so plan to party elsewhere.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe