- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Bermondsey Antiques Market
Bermondsey Antiques Market Review
The early bird catches the worm here, so come before dawn on a Friday (flashlight recommended) to bag a bargain at London's largest antiques market. Dealers arrive as early as 4 am to snap up the best curios and silver, paintings, objets d'art, and furniture. The early start grew out of wrinkle in the law under which stolen goods bought here during the hours of darkness when provenance could not be determined did not have to be returned.
Bermondsey Square. The recent establishment of the Saturday morning Bermondsey Farmers' Market, as well as the redevelopment of Bermondsey Square itself, has attracted more customers to the Antiques Market. The square now boasts a boutique hotel, an art-house cinema, and a good independent bookstore (Woolfson and Tay), as well as restaurants. Bermondsey Sq., SE1 3FD. www.bermondseysquare.co.uk.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $142-$165 -- Central London Hotel Through Summer, 30% Off ibis London Euston St. Pancras
- $133 & up -- London: 4-Star Hotel near City Center, $200 Off Mercure London Bridge Hotel
- $1699 & up -- London, Paris & Rome 9 Nts. w/Air & Train Europe Express
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
During my planning phase, many Fodorites were very helpful and encouraging, as always! Read more
Given that some quarter million make the trek annually (and even more by train), it's not like climbing Snowdon is scaling Everest. Read more
Bed and Breakfast are most famous accommodations in nowadays. Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll.... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more