- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- sleek and fashionable
- full of high-tech comforts
- excellent service
- stunning views from rooftop bar
- design can sometimes verge on form over function
- very small closets and in-room storage areas
Check Rates from our Partners
ME London Review
One can only imagine the endless concept meetings that went into this shiny, new luxury spot that brought a touch of modern cool to the Strand, but the result—a happy mix of high fashion and futuristic hipster—is almost achingly on-trend. Designed by noted architecture firm, Foster and Partners, the sleek, subtly lit public areas give way to bright and spacious bedrooms with sci-fi modern gadgetry like custom-controlled mood lighting. The two on-site restaurants are both outposts of fashionable New York eateries—STK and Asselina—but the rooftop bar is the real star. The view of the Thames, from the Shard in the east to the old Battersea Power Station in the west, is one of the best in the city. Other on-site facilities inlcude plenty of meeting space and a 24-hour gym.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Hub and I are arriving in London on the Eurostar and need to get to Fleet River Bakery, near the Holburn tube stop. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more