- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Sanctuary House Hotel
At a Glance
- cozy, authentic London feel
- friendly staff
- wow-location right in the heart of Westminster
- pub can be noisy (light sleepers should ask for a room as far from the ground floor as possible)
Check Rates from our Partners
Sanctuary House Hotel Review
This is a classic example of what the British mean when they refer to an "inn"—a pub with bedrooms, albeit one of exceptionally good quality for London. Guest rooms are decorated in muted autumnal tones, with decent-size beds, antique-style furnishings, and Algotherm products in the bathrooms. The pub serves decent traditional British fare, but can get extremely busy from when the office crowd descends at 5 until late.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more