- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Pitt Cue Co.
Pitt Cue Co. Review
Everyone's gone bonkers for the super-smokey and cheap-as-chips Midwest American BBQ-ed ribs and pulled pork-in-a-bun meal combos here. A tiny, no-reservations hipster hangout, Pitt Cue has only 18 basement seats, plus a few pavement berths and eight counter stools in the ground-level bourbon-and-rye crush bar—little wonder queues often snake down the street. Many order the £9.50 to £12.50 finger-lickin' spreads, which come replete with authentic slaw and house pickles (and are even served up in regulation-white enamel and blue-rimmed Shawshank Redemption baker-wear dishes). Charred rib-tips, sausages, baked beans, and bone marrow mash sides are other temptation, but the devout devour the sliders and sticky ribs (with their mucky paws). The secret to Pitt Cue's famous barbequed pork and beef ribs? A stonkin' coal-and-woodchip smoker, 28-day free-range cuts from North Devon, and dry rubs and marinades which include smoked paprika, Sriracha chili sauce, blackstrap molasses, and apricot preserve.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $142-$165 -- Central London Hotel Through Summer, 30% Off ibis London Euston St. Pancras
- $133 & up -- London: 4-Star Hotel near City Center, $200 Off Mercure London Bridge Hotel
- $1699 & up -- London, Paris & Rome 9 Nts. w/Air & Train Europe Express
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
During my planning phase, many Fodorites were very helpful and encouraging, as always! Read more
Given that some quarter million make the trek annually (and even more by train), it's not like climbing Snowdon is scaling Everest. Read more
Bed and Breakfast are most famous accommodations in nowadays. Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll.... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more