- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Four Seasons Park Lane
At a Glance
- highly elegant rooms
- excellent spa
- lovely location next to Hyde Park
- not for strict traditionalists
- haute design comes with high prices
Check Rates from our Partners
Four Seasons Park Lane Review
A racy departure for the Four Seasons, this hotel has an English clubhouse look with a dose of boudoir. Mannered paintings of horses dot the walls in the lobby, but instead of staid hunter green or beige, the walls are a bright lacquered red. In the restaurant, the saucy vibe continues with zebra-print chairs bathed in low lighting. Upstairs, the palate shifts and becomes softer. Enormous black-and-white glamour shots from the 1950s and 60s dominate the hallways, and rooms evoke an ocean liner from days gone by, with square hardware, brown walnut wood, and mirrored sliding doors. Plaid comes into play in armchairs and curtains giving the decor an appropriate Britishness. Don't miss the spa on the top floor; in the treatment rooms, massive windows seem to hold all of Hyde Park inside a snow globe.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Hub and I are arriving in London on the Eurostar and need to get to Fleet River Bakery, near the Holburn tube stop. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more