- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Riding House Café
The Riding House Café Review
Stuffed squirrel lamp holders peer down on trendy London diners at this groovy New York-style small-plates-and-luxe-burgers all-day brasserie just north of Oxford Circus. Everything's appropriately salvaged or bespoke here, so you'll find stuffed birds and other taxidermy dotted around, reclaimed theater seats at the long counter bar, bright orange leather ban+quettes, or old snooker table legs holding up your dining table. Opt for the £5 small plates of sea bass ceviche with lime and chili or veal and pork meatballs with pomarola sauce, and then head for the poached egg chorizo hash browns, pearl-barley salt marsh lamb broth, a decadent cheeseburger, with gherkin and chips—a bargain at £12.50—or their famed tummy-filling lobster lasagna (£18.80). Service is NYC-standard friendly, and you'll find all-day breakfasts, hard shakes, and cocktails, plus sundaes on the kids menu.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $133 & up -- London: 4-Star Hotel near City Center, $200 Off Mercure London Bridge Hotel
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
We recently came back from a one week trip to London and found it thrilling. Read more
As promised I am making recommendations for places as separate threads so that they will be easily searchable when others are looking for recommendations.
Pubs: (New Town)
The Queen's Arms (Frederick Read more
I thnk I can figure out London! Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll. ... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more