- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- lovely hosts
- free Wi-Fi
- hotel guarantees to match or beat price of any other hotel of its class in the area
- often booked up in advance
- no elevator
- front-facing rooms can be noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
Parkwood Hotel Review
Just seconds from Hyde Park in one of London's swankiest enclaves (the Blairs live a few doors away), this sweet little guesthouse is an oasis of value for money, with warm and helpful hosts and bright guest rooms that are simply furnished with pastel color schemes and reproduction antique beds. One grisly piece of historical trivia: the Parkwood is built near the site of the "Tyburn tree," an enormous gallows used to execute prisoners from the Middle Ages until the time of George III (and frequently referenced by Shakespeare). A memorial on the street marks the spot.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more