- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Rising Spanish chef José Pizarro packs 'em in like so many slices of jamón jamón at this tapas-and-sherry treasure trove on happening Bermondsey St., south of the river near Guy's Hospital and London Bridge. With only 30 seats and no reservations, you'll be hard-pressed to find a spot at the tapas bar or a perch at an upturned barrel after 6 pm, but stick with it, hombre—the tapas is astounding. Quaff a glass of Amontillado or Orloroso sherry, and keep those expertly-crafted small white plates a comin': patatas bravas...croquetas...pisto and crispy duck eggs...hake and aioli...razor clams with chorizo...paprika-specked Ibérico pork fillets. You'll either love or hate the crush.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My boyfriend (D) and I went on a semi-vacation for a few weeks in the Fall of 2013. Read more
PROLOGUE – Shut Out and Scrambling For Lodging
The still-to-this-day-maddening email arrived about 48 hours before Kim, Mary, Tracy and I were to take-off from LAX to London: “London Property Read more
Our multi-continent family is meeting in London for Christmas. Read more
· News & Features
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more
When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.... Read more