- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Church Street Hotel
At a Glance
- unique and arty
- great breakfasts
- lovely staff
- closer to central London than it might appear
- a trendy but not great part of town (stay out of neighboring Elephant and Castle)
- would suit adventurous young things more than families
- a mile from a Tube station (though bus connections are handier)
- some rooms have shared bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Church Street Hotel Review
Like rays of sunshine in gritty South London, these rooms above a popular tapas restaurant are individually decorated in rich, bold tones and authentic Central American touches—elaborately painted crucifixes; tiles handmade in Guadalajara; homemade iron bed frames. Breakfast is a tasty combination of organic breads, pastries, and smoothies, much of it sourced from nearby Borough Market, and there's an honesty bar with a great selection of Spanish and American bottled beers.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are planning a trip next summer and would like to visit England, Scotland, and Wales. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more