- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Thistle Bloomsbury Park Hotel
At a Glance
- great location
- family rooms cost only slightly more than doubles
- only family rooms are a bargain, otherwise too expensive for what's on offer
- rates rise sharply if you don't book some way in advance
- somewhat utilitarian rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Thistle Bloomsbury Park Hotel Review
A block away from leafy Russell Square and a short stroll from the British Museum, the location of the Thistle Bloomsbury Park Hotel is outstanding, though once you get past the handsome frontage and gleaming lobby, everything seems decidedly more average—though not necessarily in a bad way. This is the kind of place where all the basics are covered, but little else, with decent service to boot. Guest rooms are simple and small, with mass-produced furniture.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are planning a trip next summer and would like to visit England, Scotland, and Wales. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more