- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Portland Hotel
At a Glance
- great location
- large rooms
- kitchenettes offer alternative to restaurants
- staff is friendly
- restaurant is in neighboring hotel, requiring a walk down the street to breakfast
- prices rise hugely after cheap rooms are sold
Check Rates from our Partners
The Portland Hotel Review
Around the corner from leafy Russell Square and an easy walk to the British Museum and Covent Garden, the Portland offers spacious and comfortable bedrooms, with large bathrooms, seating areas, and kitchenettes. It's among several hotels on the same street that are owned by the Grange Hotels chain; this means that you might book here and actually end up staying in another hotel, and while the quality is comparable, not all amenities are the same—be clear with your requirements when you book.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are planning a trip next summer and would like to visit England, Scotland, and Wales. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more