- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Dean Street Townhouse
Dean Street Townhouse Review
Everyone feels ten times more glamorous once they step into this buzzy Soho mustering point, attached to the stylish 39-room Georgian hotel of the same name. Soft lighting, dark-wood floors, red leather banquettes, raised bar seats, and walls crammed with Brit-pack drawings and daubings create a hip hang-out for London's good-looking media elite. No-frills, no-fuss retro-British favorites include pea and ham soup, plain mince and potatoes, twice-baked smoked haddock soufflé, chicken, bacon and mushroom pie, or toad-in-the-hole, plus yummilicous sherry trifle, Trinity burnt cream, or sticky toffee pudding. You'll find fruit scones and buttered crumpets for afternoon tea, Welsh rarebit for "high tea," and a decent smattering of vaguely-familiar looking celebs fiddling around on their iPhones.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My boyfriend (D) and I went on a semi-vacation for a few weeks in the Fall of 2013. Read more
PROLOGUE – Shut Out and Scrambling For Lodging
The still-to-this-day-maddening email arrived about 48 hours before Kim, Mary, Tracy and I were to take-off from LAX to London: “London Property Read more
Our multi-continent family is meeting in London for Christmas. Read more
· News & Features
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more
When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.... Read more