- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- bargain price
- helpful staff
- unique style
- style will be too unique for some
- tiny bedrooms and bathrooms
- standard of decor needs updating in places
- no elevator access to suites
- Wi-Fi costs £2 per hour
- one room has a fire escape in the bathroom
Check Rates from our Partners
Just around the corner from Paddington Station, this funky-looking little place has small, functional rooms (done to death in contemporary style) and even tinier bathrooms, but it's cheerful, convenient, and well run. Bedrooms are designed with a kind of retro futurism that sits somewhere between playful and tacky—aluminum wall panels, plastic molded bathroom sinks, and smoked glass room dividers in the modest suites. It certainly won't be to everyone's taste, but Stylotel is a useful budget option in a city that's still painfully short on cheap places to stay.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more