- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Shakespeare's Globe Theatre
Shakespeare's Globe Theatre Review
This faithful reconstruction of the open-air playhouse where Shakespeare worked and wrote many of his greatest plays marvelously re-creates the 16th-century theatergoing experience. Standing room in the yard or "pit" right in front of the stage costs £5. The season runs April through October, but an exhibition and theater tours run all year round. The Sam Wanamaker Playhouse, a replica Jacobean (early-17th-century) indoor theater named after the Globe's founder, opened in early 2014.
- Address: 21 New Globe Walk, Bankside South Bank, London, SE1 9DT | Map It
- Phone: 020/7401–9919 box office; 020/7902–1400 enquiries
- Cost: Exhibition and Globe Theatre Tour £13.50
- Hours: Exhibition daily 10–5:30; Globe Theatre Tour daily 10:30–5
- Website: www.shakespearesglobe.com
- Tube: London Bridge, Mansion House (then cross Southwark Bridge), Blackfriars (then cross Blackfriars Bridge), St. Paul's (then cross Millenium Bridge).
- Location: The South Bank
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Happened to log on and noticed a couple of people asking how we got on in London! Read more
Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more