- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
La Petite Maison
La Petite Maison Review
Movie star and blogger Gwyneth Paltrow rates see-and-be-seen La Petite Maison, off New Bond St., as one of her favorite London restaurants, and no wonder—there's nothing on the impressively well-sourced carbo-lite French Mediterranean, Côte d'Azur, and Provençale menu that fails to entice. Try figure-friendly broad bean and Pecorino salad, the soft white Burrata cheese with Datterini tomato and basil spread, or the wonderfully aromatic baked turbot with artichokes, chorizo, five spices, and white wine sauce. Based on the style of the original La Petite Maison in Nice in France, dishes come to the table as and when they're ready, and the chirpy, jolie, and informal wait staff make for a convivial Gucci Gucci Gangnam-style party-ish vibe. Rosé, anyone?
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $133 & up -- London: 4-Star Hotel near City Center, $200 Off Mercure London Bridge Hotel
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
We recently came back from a one week trip to London and found it thrilling. Read more
As promised I am making recommendations for places as separate threads so that they will be easily searchable when others are looking for recommendations.
Pubs: (New Town)
The Queen's Arms (Frederick Read more
I thnk I can figure out London! Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll. ... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more