- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Le Caprice Review
Celeb-ville grande dame Le Caprice commands the deepest loyalty of any restaurant in London. Why? Because of the memories...and because it gets practically everything right—every time. It's the 30-year celebrity history—think Liz Taylor, Joan Collins and Lady Di—the haunting David Bailey black-and-white portraits, designer Martin Brudnizki's updated décor, charming Bolivian-born Jesus Adorno the veteran maître'd, the perfect service, and the appealing and long-standing menu that sits somewhere between Euro peasant and trendy fashion plate. Sit at the raised counter or at a corner table and enjoy calves' liver with crispy bacon, roast pheasant with caramalized quince, and signature Scandinavian iced berries with a theatrical swirl of white chocolate sauce—all served with an ample dollop of "SHHush! Don't-Look-Now-Dear!" star spotting.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
We are planning a trip to England and Scotland using Britrail. Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll.... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more