- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Ridgemount Hotel
At a Glance
- good location for theaters and museum
- helpful staff
- family rooms (accommodating up to five) are excellent value
- decoration is basic
- no elevator
- cheapest rooms have shared bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
The Ridgemount Hotel Review
Mere blocks away from the British Museum and London's West End theaters, this handsomely fronted guesthouse has clean, neat, and plainly decorated rooms at a bargain. The welcoming public areas, especially the family-style breakfast room, resemble sweetly cluttered Victorian-style parlors. Breakfast is hearty and filling, and some room overlook a leafy garden. An interesting historical note: No. 67 was once owned by Elizabeth Stride, who later moved to the East End and fell victim to Jack the Ripper.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more