- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Portobello Hotel
At a Glance
- stylish and unique
- celebrity vibe
- guests have use of nearby gym and pool
- all but the priceiest rooms are quite small
- may be too eccentric for some
Check Rates from our Partners
The Portobello Hotel Review
One of London's quirkiest hotels, the little Portobello (formed from two adjoining Victorian houses) has attracted scores of celebrities to its small but stylish rooms over the years, and the decor reflects these hip credentials with joyous abandon. Rooms are individually designed along classic themes with luxurious fabrics, statues, bric-a-brac and imaginative design flourishes. The intimate Japanese Room has paper lanterns and a little wooden conservatory; while the sumptuous Room 13 contains a genuine royal four-poster bed from Hampton Court. One room even contains an original Victorian "bathing machine" next to the bed—legend has it that Johnny Depp once filled it with champagne for his then-girlfriend Kate Moss.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are planning a trip next summer and would like to visit England, Scotland, and Wales. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more