- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- lovely staff
- great location
- magnificent interiors
- striking art
- some style touches a little too frou-frou—even if Toulouse-Lautrec would have approved
Check Rates from our Partners
Egerton House Review
Sensationally soigné, chicly decorated, and feeling like your own private London home, this hotel has some truly luxuriant design touches, including guest rooms lavishly decorated with rich fabrics and a knockout white-on-gold dining room. Prints and posters by Matisse, Picasso, and Toulouse-Lautrec adorn the walls, and some rooms have pleasant views over the beautiful gardens in back. The two drawing rooms are good places to write letters or relax with a drink from the honor bar.
- Address: 17–19 Egerton Terr., Knightsbridge, London, SW3 2BX | Map It
- Phone: 020/7589–2412; 877/955–1515 in U.S.
- Website: www.redcarnationhotels.com
- Tube: Knightsbridge, South Kensington.
- Location: Knightsbridge
- 23 rooms, 6 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are planning a trip next summer and would like to visit England, Scotland, and Wales. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more