- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- lovely staff
- great location
- magnificent interiors
- striking art
- some style touches a little too frou-frou—but Toulouse-Lautrec would have approved
Check Rates from our Partners
Egerton House Review
Sensationally soigné, chicly decorated, and feeling like your own private London home, this option has some gorgeous pluses, including guest rooms lavishly decorated with luxurious fabrics in rich colors, a knockout white-on-gold dining room. Prints and posters by Matisse, Picasso, and Toulouse-Lautrec adorn the walls, and some rooms have pleasant views over the beautiful gardens in back. The two drawing rooms are good places to write letters or relax with a drink from the honor bar.
- Address: 17–19 Egerton Terr., Knightsbridge, London, SW3 2BX | Map It
- Phone: 020/7589–2412; 877/955–1515 in U.S.
- Website: www.egertonhousehotel.co.uk
- Tube: Knightsbridge, South Kensington.
- Location: Knightsbridge
- 23 rooms, 6 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My boyfriend (D) and I went on a semi-vacation for a few weeks in the Fall of 2013. Read more
PROLOGUE – Shut Out and Scrambling For Lodging
The still-to-this-day-maddening email arrived about 48 hours before Kim, Mary, Tracy and I were to take-off from LAX to London: “London Property Read more
Our multi-continent family is meeting in London for Christmas. Read more
· News & Features
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more
When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.... Read more