Fodor's London 25 Best
Mobile AppDownload London - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
London Marriott Hotel County Hall
At a Glance
- handy for South Bank arts scene, London Eye and Westminster
- great gym
- good weekend discounts
- interior design is overdone
- breakfasts are pricey
- rooms facing the river inevitably cost extra
Check Rates from our Partners
London Marriott Hotel County Hall Review
This grand hotel on the Thames enjoys perhaps the most iconic view in the city—right next door is the London Eye, and directly across the River Thames are the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben. Until the 1980s this building was the seat of London's government, and the public areas are suitably grand, full of pedimented archways, bronze doors, and acres of polished mahogany. All the businesslike bells and whistles you could ever want are available, and many of the warmly decorated, modern rooms enjoy that view.
- Address: County Hall, Westminster Bridge Rd., South Bank, London, SE1 7PB | Map It
- Phone: 020/7928–5200; 888/236–2427
- Website: www.marriott.com
- Subway: Westminster, Waterloo. National Rail: Waterloo
- Location: The South Bank
- 186 rooms, 14 suites
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In a couple of days we will be off to London and Italy. Traveling with my husband (DH) and 2 children (10 & 13) DD and DS. We are off... Read more
Aided by every guide book and travel video ever created about Scotland, a lifetime of my father's stories about the family clan, and ... Read more