- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
London Marriott Hotel County Hall
At a Glance
- handy for South Bank arts scene, London Eye and Westminster
- great gym
- good weekend discounts
- interior design is overdone
- breakfasts are pricey
- rooms facing the river inevitably cost extra
Check Rates from our Partners
London Marriott Hotel County Hall Review
This grand hotel on the Thames enjoys perhaps the most iconic view in the city—right next door is the London Eye, and directly across the River Thames are the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben. Until the 1980s this building was the seat of London's government, and the public areas are suitably grand, full of pedimented archways, bronze doors, and acres of polished mahogany. All the businesslike bells and whistles you could ever want are available, and many of the warmly decorated, modern rooms enjoy that view.
- Address: County Hall, Westminster Bridge Rd., South Bank, London, SE1 7PB | Map It
- Phone: 020/7928–5200; 888/236–2427 in U.S.
- Website: www.marriott.com
- Tube: Westminster, Waterloo. National Rail: Waterloo.
- Location: The South Bank
- 200 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My boyfriend (D) and I went on a semi-vacation for a few weeks in the Fall of 2013. Read more
PROLOGUE – Shut Out and Scrambling For Lodging
The still-to-this-day-maddening email arrived about 48 hours before Kim, Mary, Tracy and I were to take-off from LAX to London: “London Property Read more
Hi we are an Australian family of 2 adults and 2 children (11 and 8) who are planning on visiting family in Malta and incorporating a 5 week European holiday( as it is very expensive for 4 of us to fly Read more
· News & Features
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more
When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.... Read more