- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Gore Hotel
At a Glance
- gorgeously designed spacious rooms
- outstanding, attentive service
- air-conditioning in all rooms
- prices rather high
- Wi-Fi is not free
- bar can be noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
The Gore Hotel Review
Just down the road from the Albert Hall, this gorgeous, friendly hotel has a luxurious mixture of the comfortable and the extraordinary. The lobby evokes a wealthy estate from centuries past, and upstairs most rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated in calming neutral tones with rich fabrics. A few rooms are spectacular. One is a Tudor fantasy, with minstrel gallery, stained glass, and four-poster bed, and the Judy Garland Room, containing a sumptuous bed that the actress had flown over from America for her frequent stays here, is one of the themed deluxe rooms that recalls other notable figures.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are planning a trip next summer and would like to visit England, Scotland, and Wales. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more