- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Cranley Hotel
At a Glance
- good-size rooms
- attractively decorated
- friendly staff
- free evening nibbles are a nice touch
- steep stairs into lobby
- no restaurant
- prices rise in mid-summer
Check Rates from our Partners
The Cranley Hotel Review
Old-fashioned British propriety is the overall feeling at this small, Victorian town-house hotel, where high ceilings, huge windows, and a pale, creamy color scheme flood the bedrooms with light. Antique desks and four-poster or half-tester beds lend an air of historic authenticity, and even the bathrooms have traditional Victorian fittings (although the plumbing is completely modern). Afternoon tea and evening canapés, served with a glass of champagne, are complimentary—welcome after a long day of sightseeing.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are planning a trip next summer and would like to visit England, Scotland, and Wales. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more