- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Stafford London by Kempinski
At a Glance
- great staff
- big, luxurious rooms
- quiet location
- traditional style is not to all tastes
- perks in the more expensive rooms could be more generous (free airport transfer! But only one way. Free clothes pressing! Only one item per day, mind)
Check Rates from our Partners
The Stafford London by Kempinski Review
This is a rare find: a posh hotel that's equal parts elegance and friendliness, and located in one of the few peaceful spots in the area, down a small lane behind Piccadilly. All the accommodations are luxurious and chic, but those in the 18th-century stable block—with cobbled mews entrances, gas-fueled fireplaces, and exposed beams—are especially pleasant. It's hard to check in without meeting the gregarious manager, and his unshakable cheeriness is mirrored by the upbeat and helpful staff. The popular little American Bar has ties, baseball caps, and toy planes hanging from the ceiling.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
I'll be spending some time in Europe this summer and was curious thoughts on European fashion for a larger man. I'm 6' 2" and generally wear XL. Most of the European fashion I see is for skinny Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more