- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Stafford London by Kempinski
At a Glance
- great staff
- big, luxurious rooms
- quiet location
- traditional style is not to all tastes
- perks in the more expensive rooms could be more generous (free airport transfer! But only one way. Free clothes pressing! Only one item per day, mind)
Check Rates from our Partners
The Stafford London by Kempinski Review
This is a rare find: a posh hotel that's equal parts elegance and friendliness, and located in one of the few peaceful spots in the area, down a small lane behind Piccadilly. All the accommodations are luxurious and chic, but those in the 18th-century stable block—with cobbled mews entrances, gas-fueled fireplaces, and exposed beams—are especially pleasant. It's hard to check in without meeting the gregarious manager, and his unshakable cheeriness is mirrored by the upbeat and helpful staff. The popular little American Bar has ties, baseball caps, and toy planes hanging from the ceiling.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Hub and I are arriving in London on the Eurostar and need to get to Fleet River Bakery, near the Holburn tube stop. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more