- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- relaxed base for exploring
- free Wi-Fi
- not all rooms are air-conditioned
- some rooms are small
- creaky online booking system
Check Rates from our Partners
Durrants Hotel Review
Wonderfully old-fashioned Durrants is awash in old-English good taste and sits on a quiet corner, not far from the Wallace Collection, within premises that have served as a hotel since the late 18th century. Oxford Street and the smaller, posher boutiques of Marylebone High Street are just outside the door, so you could hardly be better placed for shopping. Inside, the public areas are all wood paneling, leather armchairs, and patterned carpets, and guest quarters are genteel. Bedrooms at the back of the hotel are smaller than those at the front, but they are also quieter and air-conditioned. Check online for enticing last minute discounts.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more