Fodor's London 25 Best
Mobile AppDownload London - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
Top-notch southern Italian cuisine in a modern glass-sided shoe box of a restaurant characterizes the lively business-heavy dining scene here near Bishopsgate. Wavy-haired Italian chef Francesco Mazzei draws inspiration from Sicily, Puglia, Sardinia, and Calabria and prowls the modern high-ceilinged bar, floor and clear-fronted kitchen like the proud owner he is. With its clean lines, soft music, and distinctive white leather seats, you'll find fresh, simple, and restrained Italian dishes like wild mushroom and black truffle tagliolini and Sardian fish stew, or incredible crispy fish strips that have been soaked in milk and dipped in double-zero flour. The baccala salt cod with n'duja crimson-colored Calabrian sausage is awesome, too. Well crafted desserts, like ricotta mousse with spicy figs, are bellissimo, and the winning wine list is mostly Italian.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In a couple of days we will be off to London and Italy. Traveling with my husband (DH) and 2 children (10 & 13) DD and DS. We are off... Read more
Aided by every guide book and travel video ever created about Scotland, a lifetime of my father's stories about the family clan, and ... Read more