- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Athenaeum Hotel and Apartments
At a Glance
- peaceful park views
- handy for Buckingham Palace and Piccadilly
- great value for elegant setting
- bathrooms are almost all small
Check Rates from our Partners
Athenaeum Hotel and Apartments Review
This grand hotel overlooking Green Park offers plenty for the money: rooms are both comfortable and lavishly decorated, with deeply comfortable Hypnos beds, plasma-screen TVs, luxurious fabrics, and original contemporary artworks. Breakfasts are luxurious and varied, with endless Continental and cooked options. If you need more space, you can choose one of the apartments (£600–£780 per night) that occupy a row of Georgian town houses next to the main hotel buildings, each with separate living, dining, and sleeping areas and tiny, fully equipped kitchenettes. The spa is available only to guests, ensuring you can always get an appointment, and the restaurant serves butter-rich European cuisine and a full afternoon tea (£29)—an elegant experience, complete with honey from bees in Regent's Park.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Hub and I are arriving in London on the Eurostar and need to get to Fleet River Bakery, near the Holburn tube stop. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more