- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel
At a Glance
- nicely decorated
- near Marylebone High Street
- international electrical outlets, including those that work with American equipment
- have to walk through the bar to get to reception
- not well soundproofed from the noisy street
Check Rates from our Partners
Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel Review
Named in honor of the fictional detective who had his home on Baker Street, rooms here have a masculine edge with lots of earth tones and pinstripe sheets (along with hyper-modern bathrooms stocked with fluffy bathrobes). The bar has an appropriately clubby feel, with wood floors and leather furniture. Despite the name, this is not a theme hotel, although they do run 1920s murder mystery nights twice a month (May to November; £63 including dinner).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more