- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Cadogan Hotel
At a Glance
- luxurious but not stuffy
- friendly staff
- great location for shopping
- free Wi-Fi
- good special offers online
- rooms are quite small
Check Rates from our Partners
The Cadogan Hotel Review
This elegant and luxurious hotel is one of London's most historically naughty hotels: it was once the home of scandalous actress Lillie Langtry, King Edward's mistress in the 1890s, and where Oscar Wilde was staying (in Room 118) when he was arrested for "indecency" with a young man on April 6th 1895. Elegant creams and golds and postmodern guest-room design now prevail. The drawing room has rich wood paneling and deep, comfortable armchairs, and is a good place for afternoon tea and people-watching, as is the small, sophisticated bar. Breakfast includes healthy cereals and fruits alongside decadent pastries.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are planning a trip next summer and would like to visit England, Scotland, and Wales. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more