- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Cadogan Hotel
At a Glance
- luxurious but not stuffy
- friendly staff
- great location for shopping
- free Wi-Fi
- good special offers online
- rooms are quite small
Check Rates from our Partners
The Cadogan Hotel Review
This elegant and luxurious hotel is one of London's most historically naughty hotels: it was once the home of scandalous actress Lillie Langtry, King Edward's mistress in the 1890s, and where Oscar Wilde was staying (in Room 118) when he was arrested for "indecency" with a young man on April 6th 1895. Elegant creams and golds and postmodern guest-room design now prevail. The drawing room has rich wood paneling and deep, comfortable armchairs, and is a good place for afternoon tea and people-watching, as is the small, sophisticated bar. Breakfast includes healthy cereals and fruits alongside decadent pastries.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
First I want to thank everyone who responded to my post last year which made our trip a success. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more